'Mental Health Backpack' - mental health resources, compiled while I was a Massachusetts State House Fellow, working as a scientific advisor to the Joint Committee on Mental Health, Substance Use and Recovery
Outreach, Diversity, & Other Media
News & Interviews
- - Harvard Alumni feature, about my path into research & my work as co-president of LGBTQ@GSAS
October 11th, 2022
- - Article in NBC-Today about building LGBTQ+ community virtually on college campuses
February 19th, 2021
- - MIT News article about our experiments on consonance/dissonance perception in the Tsimane'
July 1st, 2020
- - MIT McGovern Institute article on my fieldwork in Bolivia
December 10th, 2019
- - MIT News article about our experiments on pitch perception in the Tsimane'
September 19th, 2019
- - Atlantic article about my work on neural substrates of jazz improvisation.
March 21st, 2016
Selected Outreach & Talks
- - BBC CrowdScience, 'How does my radio work?'
January 21st, 2022
- - Boston Museum of Science, Ask a Scientist: How do we perceive sound?
March 22nd, 2021
- - Talk at Digital Experiments with Amazon Mechanical Turk
Collective Intelligence Conference, 2020
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
I was honored to serve as Co-President of Harvard's LGBTQ@GSAS Association from July 2020-January 2022. Among other initiatives, I helped spearhead the creation of a university-wide Lavender Graduation, and organized a series of 'Out in Academia' and 'Out in Industry' panels for graduate students. I also served on the Steering Committee of the Young Leader's Council of Fenway Health, an LGBTQ-focused healthcare center in Boston, for five years.
- Livestream of 2022 Harvard Lavender Graduation, where I co-presented the 2022 Evelynn Hammonds Award (minute 35)
- - Article about my advocacy work as co-president of LGBTQ@GSAS
- - Article about the Evelynn Hammonds Award, featuring Daniel Arias (co-president of LGBTQ@GSAS) and James Gethyn Evans, VP of Advocacy
Writing: Blogs & Articles
Conceived of and wrote a six-part special edition for Harvard 'Science in the News' blog titled 'What Does a Scientist Do?'
The Guardian, 'Making it up as you go along: how your brain improvises'